Are you selling your handmade products on Etsy? Do you have an Etsy shop? Discover the advantages and disadvantages of using Etsy!
What is Etsy?
Etsy is an online platform that allows you to buy and sell handmade crafts, supplies for crafts, vintage goods, art pieces, and etc. There are a lot of crafters and artists who were able to make a lot of money by selling their handmade creations online. The key to a successful online sale is hard work, dedication, and patience.
However, unlike most other online platforms, Etsy is different and it is not a marketplace for everyone. The reason why Etsy differentiates from the other selling platforms is because Etsy allows you to share your talent and skills with the rest of the world. When selling your handmade crafts on Etsy, customers from all around the world can visit your shop and buy your products.
In order to decide, whether or not Etsy is the right marketplace for you, here are the advantages and disadvantages of Etsy!
Pros & Cons of Selling on Etsy
- The opportunity to sell your handmade crafts: Regardless of what type of crafts you sell, you can sell everything on Etsy including woodworking, paintings, crocheting, sewing, floral arrangements, and etc.
- You can sell craft supplies: You can sell craft supplies and help the crafters to buy the necessary materials to create their products.
- You can sell eBooks: Etsy allows you to sell eBooks and earn a lot of money at the same time. You can sell patterns, tutorials, and etc.
- Etsy has low fees: The reason why there are so many sellers on Etsy is because this platform has extremely low fees. For listing a new product you need to pay only 20 cents and your products will be listed for up to 4 months. Once the product is sold, you pay a fee of 3.5% to Etsy and the rest goes to you.
- Training Courses – If you are a beginner and new in the Etsy environment, you can use the training courses and learn everything you need to know about how to run you Etsy shop.
- No Mass Produced Items – The only disadvantage is that you are not allowed to sell mass produced products. Here’s some of the most popular articles that you can check: How to Start Selling on Etsy: Step-By-Step Guidance
So are you ready to open a shop and start selling? Do it now!
— Feltabulous Creation (@feltabulous) 26 de junio de 2015